Small Drawstring Veggie Bag
This eco friendly bag is perfect for carrying fruits and vegetables while grocery shopping. Also great for unique gift wrapping or a nice plastic-free way to store things. You will definitely want a couple of these! Sustainable upcycled bags to take to the farmers market or your local grocery store. These bags also help keep your produce crisp longer in the fridge.
Seller Story: The fabric remnants of the India textile industry are our treasures! Our supplier is a private label clothing manufacturer in Mumbai that turns their up-cycled fabric and excess clothes into reusable tote bags, messenger bags and vegetable bags. This zero-waste process is a sustainable and resourceful alternative to using plastic bags. I founded the company in 2019 to: Make an economic difference for women living in poverty where opportunity is scarce and exploitation is common and to provide retail consumers a quick and accessible eco-friendly fabric bag to use as an alternative to plastic bags. Our partner artisans are living in countries where there is very little support from governments and families are often left with no resources. We work with non-profit organizations that are on the ground in each country where we source products. They help us find small independent cooperatives and home-based artisans to partner with. World For Good bags are ethically made and always fairly traded. As a Florida Benefit Corporation, we are focused on balancing purpose with profit and creating positive outcomes for our stakeholders (everyone we do business with) – including artisans, employees and customers. We have created the perfect circular/shared economy. The women making these bags in India are given an opportunity to earn money and gain self-confidence to create a better life for themselves. Please join me in empowering more women on this planet.
- Approx. 10″ x 10″ with a drawstring at the top.
- Colors: Pink, Orange, Tribal, Ivory, Navy and White/Gold.
- Fabric is made from a poly/cotton blend and printed with azo-free dyes.
- Disclaimer – The color, pattern and the size of the products might vary slightly since they are produced with the waste fabric available and are stitched by hand by people who are still in the process of improving their skills.
- We highly recommend the following, in order to ensure long-lasting of your products:
- Don’t pack veggies tightly together, either; they need space for air circulation
- Fruits and vegetables don’t play well together. So don’t store them together
- Always remove any tight bands from your veggies
- Wash and dry your produce, place loosely the greens inside the bag and storage in the crisper drawer
- Machine wash and dry.*